Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday 19 February 2015

Emergency13Feb2015



Tweet 13Feb2015 Emergency
Emergency is something urgent and so needed to be attended to immediately.  So, when the ambulance sounds the siren, it means something urgent.
It means something emergency and needs to rush to the site immediately with no delay.  So, when the siren sounds, it means the 4 wheels are moving. 
And every driver within the hearing distance should stop and give way to the ambulance.  There should not be any doubt for this alert.  Well, nowadays, it is no longer so.
Yesterday afternoon, I went out to do some shopping and on my way home, I happened to witness an ambulance from the Rejang Medical Centre. 
It got caught in the queue at the cross road / at the traffic lights near Sekolah Menangah Sacred Heart there .  The ambulance was two cars behind the line to go out. 
I could not remember if it was in sight to me then.  I saw it for sure when it was my turn to turn right.  I was it clear and sure on my right.  It was in the lane, I believe it to go straight along Jalan Pedada. 
Of course, I looked at it and saw 2 cars in front.  But, they did not bulge an inch.  That meant they were oblivious / immune to the siren sound. 
That was not the first I saw this phenomenon in 10 over years.  I was very upset.   I really think it a curse being so apathy to sound of siren which may mean Life and Death. 
Worse still, if the delay causes paralysis,  what sin can be greater than this?  I am convinced this indifference to the anxiety of others is a curse to the cars blocking in front. 
At the same time, I wondered what has the car learning institute taught in the traffic law lessons?  What traffic laws have they really highlighted and emphasized?  
I heard vehicle learners are forced to attend the lessons and have to pay a sum of fee.  It is the fees to earn to learn the lessons which 90% can do it on their own. 
But the love of money has lured the Land and Transport to enforce the law at the expense of the vehicle learners, be they learning motorcycle riding / car driving though at the despise of 90% of the learners.
Among the numerous traffic laws, I am rest assured to say that it is well stated that when an ambulance sounds the siren, all the vehicles must come to a halt.  
No matter how urgent your matter is to attend to.  Stop means Stop and give way if needed.  Letting the ambulance go at the speed the driver wills it without any question.
If this traffic law to stop when the ambulance sounds the siren fails to alert the road users,  I think the ambulance driver must horn to alert.
If the horn still fails to get the attention, the said driver should get down from the ambulance to rally for help.  I believe, he can get 99.99% of the road users’ assistance to remove the cars in front.
Thus, I think the ambulance driver and other medical officers in it must be work as a team and be really professional to carry out the service in a proper way. 
The driver must be really firm in his stance:  [Once the siren sounds, the 4 wheels must be moving at the same speed non-stop.  That’s it!] .  Avoid any considerations.
Hence, I believe in the proper training of the ambulance drivers and be considered professionals and they should be trained properly to be qualified.
Here, I would like the Ministery of Land and Transport Department to review the traffic laws and requirements of vehicle learners with the public in order to deliver the products properly.
Never formulate any laws in the air-conditioned room without any discussions in the conference with road users.  Be road users friendly and centred, please!
Don’t act bossy anymore or curses will befall on you and you will not have peace in life for any deaths will haunt you for ages to come as a result of your negligence!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment