Pages

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 28 February 2018

A letter to SMC 28/2/2018


On behalf of Sibu people who may need to park their cars at the back lane behind the building tenanted by Hong Leong bank, Sugar bun or Asia commercial Institute, I request SMC to demarcate the left hand side of the back lane into parking bays in parallel to the parking bays on the right hand side of the said lane.

It is understood that there are no enough parking spaces in the town especially the areas near Sibu Central Market.  The situation has become even worse when SMC has turned three levels of the parking lots in Sibu Central Market into Urban Transformation Centre without considering the needs of the people.  I used to park my car at the parking area in Sibu Central Market.  But nowadays, it is hard for me to find the parking space there.

Hence, I parked my car behind the said building tenanted by Hong Leong bank, Sugar Bun or Asia Commercial Institute when I went marketing.  But today, I was slapped with a fine by the enforcement police for parking my car there.  It seems to me that our enforcement police are especially concerned about the illegal parking in the back lane.  Who has driven us to this distressful situation?  Is it fair to us?   I was enraged when I received the summon.

Besides, I hope SMC as a local government will think of every possible way to improve the public transport in Sibu so that many people would be released from the bondage of using private transport and free people from worries where to park their cars.  Is it not the fault of the government to force people to use the private transport and create the problem of not having enough parking spaces to accommodate the cars? 




No comments:

Post a Comment