Pages

Powered By Blogger

Saturday 10 October 2015

Tweets 10/10/2015



Tweets   10/10/2015
If China having the population of 1.4 billion can become self-sufficient in rice production, I really cannot understand why Sarawak cannot do it.

It is just like a student who has the ability to score 100% in the test but has no will to do so.  It  again is the ‘tidak apa’ attitudes and ends in so-so result.

What a shame to note that Sarawak can only produce about 53% of the rice needed for its 2.5 million population.  Is it correct to be so self-complacent in this respect?

I believe they know this proverb, “Where there is a will, there is a way.”   I wonder “when there will be a will to ensure the way “.  People are waiting.

A week or so ago, there was a newspaper news about the government going to give free land to people so much to our delight.  My son even went to the department concerned to ask about it.

We were all disappointed finding that there was no such offer to encourage people to opt for farming.  Farming should be a good option for many to get employed.

Rice is our staple food.  I must say I just like rice.  I might cry my heart out if I do not have rice for my meals.  We have rice and porridge for 19 meals.   

My husband and I have porridge, egg and a kind of vegetable for 5 mornings.  On Saturday evening, we often have porridge as we have lunch late. We have rice, fish or pork or both and 2 kinds of vegetables for lunch and  1 kind of vegetable for dinner.

On Saturday morning, I only boil eggs and  a kettle of water.  We are free to eat what we like.  On Sunday morning, we have long-life noodles in chicken soup.

Imagine if one day just in case we could not import rice from the rice producing countries like Thailand, Vietnam and so on, we had daily ration on rice.  Oh, mine, how could I survive?

For the past 33 years, ex-CM Taib Mahmud just issued a lot of licences for large scale oil palm plantations for his own personal gains and interests only.

He and his cronies had no heart for rice cultivation for the sake of food security.  Can we live on palm oil instead of rice to survive?  I surely die without rice as it tastes so nice.

About 40 over years ago or so, I remember there was a time when the rice in town all imported tasted terrible.  I complained loudly to my parents that I could not eat the rice.

I must admit that I have too sensitive tongue and nose to tolerate food that is not fresh or good anymore.  I am always so careful with the choice of rice.

Being able to produce own rice and other agricultural products for self-subsistence should be the hallmark to decide a good or poor governance.   A good government will guard the agricultural sector at all cost.

I am looking forwards to more dynamic leadership in every level to expect a better future and the right direction for development. 

No comments:

Post a Comment