Pages

Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 5 November 2019

4WD driver survives plunge into ravine

Posted on
BETONG: A man escaped unhurt after his 4WD vehicle skidded from the road before plunging into a ravine planted with oil palm trees at Km7 Jalan Bebangai here yesterday.

The 4WD after the accident.
“I tried my best to control the 4WD on the slippery road after the rain, otherwise the vehicle would have overturned and I be in deeper trouble,” said the 40-year-old man.
“I cannot believe this accident has happened,” he said still in shock after the 8.30am accident.
The driver was heading towards Betong when his 4WD went out of control.
The rear of the vehicle was badly damaged.

My comments:
In November, 2019, i can't remember the date.  A bus skidded into the ditch reported in Sin Chew Daily .   I wonder how many more vehicles should skid to the ditch before the authority concerned to think  of some remedies to rectify the conditions.  For areas where the slopes are steep, railings are to be fixed to prevent more happenings like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment