Pages

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 30 October 2013

Welfare


Welfare             31/10/2013
On behalf of the poor, helpless and illiterate, I plead the authority concerned in Sibu, elsewhere in Sarawak / Malaysia to be the poor-centred  &-friendly and be polite to these lots.  We are promoting Caring Society, right and the Welfare Department is in the forefront.  We expect you to be well-prepared and adjusted in body, mind and soul to help these people who are in need so that they can feel and think that you are kind in deed and indeed.
        I have friends telling me how harsh the welfare officers were to them.   This is not goodlah and by the words of mouth these badnesses of the Welfare Department are recycled among the people.  Some poor ones that I met and interacted told me the same thing:  It is hard to apply for the welfare aid.  If it is given; it is barely enough for you to buy the required foods for a healthy living. 
        In the past the minimum was RM60 and now it is RM150 and the maximum ????, I will find out.  The Welfare Department is usually strict in giving out.   I know a Mr Wong, a jobless man in his 50s /60s in poor health and he is given RM150!  Imagine how can he pay for the rental and the kinds of food he can eat.  
        He is begging at the Central Market, Sibu, Sarawak.  I saw him yesterday and I did not give him a cent.  Besides I also saw a few blind people begging there, too.  I wonder what has happened。
      4 others that I know were given RM 60 a month and now I have not found out how much they are given.   One of the recipients was discontinued suddenly for 2 years as far as I know.  She was treated unkindly during the time when she went there occasionally for some business. 
        The people that I know were given so little and yet it was reported that Millions had been giving out a month.  It is puzzling to me.  I wonder how can the public like me find out if the money really reach these people in the full amount.  I am skeptical about the facts  as I know that embezzlement is rampant everywhere in the government agencies.
        Hence I suggest the Department to allow the Non-government organizations /Ngos in different areas to register the amount received by each recipient and do the add up and see the total and then the balance to prevent any mischief.   Or I think National Auditing Department should do the thorough check of the accounts giving out to the poor and the balance seriously.

Thank you for your attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment