Pages

Powered By Blogger

Monday 21 January 2013

Justified



Point to Point (19)
                                                *Justified                       9June2006
          “Ha………………………………………………” I was nearly tickled to death (‘laugh me to death’ in the Chinese language)  when I read the article about Dr M (mega-maniac) criticising our present prime minister Abdullah and his government  both in Chinese and English daily newspapers on 8 June, 2006.  Today, I read about how the leaders bombarded and blasted him and supported Abdullah and his government.  Finally, I sensed the democracy in practice gradually.  The 22 + years of Dr. Mega-maniac rule had “upset” the principles of democracy so much so that our prime minister has to “undo despotic and corrupted administration” and we have to relearn the principles of democracy in real essence.   “gher……………………………………….”  (scorn at)(air from the nose)
          There is a proverb in Chinese:  “A clever man is tricked/ fooled by his own fanciful acts.”   He self-exposed the blunders and plunders he committed during his despotic ‘reign’ of the nation.  (He has been lucky because the people have not been enlightened enough to force him to face the tribunal of being irresponsible, erratic, uncountable, corrupt, abusive, ………………… ) 
Not many people were aware how he squandered taxpayers’ money to indulge in the mega projects which served little purpose but a show of the grandeur and wealth at the expense of 99% of the people’s happiness and well-being.  (Ignorant person in politics like me became wide awakened and enlightened.)  I started to probe for truths and facts; phenomena of cause and effect; the curses of his rule. 
Not until he pinpointed out the abuse of power in the Approved Permits (APs) for the imported cars, I was exposed very little to the news of corruption.  I did not know that it was so rampant and rotten and spread like cancerous cells.  I knew that his government always “bought” votes for the election.  I witnessed how the ministers paid the voters to be elected.  It had been a common practice.  Ha .……………………………………  I knew people had to bribe the government staff to get things done properly and fast enough.  I knew people could bribe the police easily.  I knew bribery and corruption here and there in the government.  I knew that most leaders were corrupted.  But I was not aware that corruption was so rampant in our country.  I did not know that it was so rotten and cancerous. 
I knew that how abusive Marcos had been and how corrupt his administration was.  I knew how abusive Suharto had been and how corrupt his administration was.  I only knew how abusive Dr. Mega-maniac and how corrupt his administration was until he stepped down when our prime minister Abdullah first job in his ministry was “Anti-corruption” act to launch to cleanse and “undo” the bad practice of the former administration.  He even conceptualised the “Institute of Integrity” to foster the practice and re-establish the long-lost virtue.  (Ha…………………………………………)
I did not know how abusive Dr.  Mega-maniac was until he declared publicly when he condemned Abdullah and his government to “axe” the construction of scenic bridge further to the side of Singapore.  It cost the government 1 billion! for the loss.  Alamak.  What a curse! What a shame! (It is enough to pay for all the expenses in Chinese primary schools for a full school year.)  We need really stronger leaders,  people and political system to make him be responsible and accountable for the loss.   (Ha…………………………………………………)  See whether he dares to show up every now and then to upset and disturb Abdullah and his government.  (gher……………………)
I did not know how much money he squandered in constructing Putrajaya buildings and he expected Abdullah to complete the project at Putrajaya.
When Mr Chen, a teacher, fell to his death in school because of termite infected floor, I attributed the incident to the abuse of Dr. Mega-maniac who squandered taxpayers’ money for mega-projects and overlooked the needs for more funds to  Chinese primary school.  (a prejudice and eagerness to suppress the development of the Chinese primary school).

No comments:

Post a Comment