Pages

Powered By Blogger

Saturday 5 January 2013

Fools and bloody floods



Fools and bloody floods                        
          Whenever I see floods occur here and there in Malaysia throughpersonal experience / mass media, I just feel sorry and very sorry for those flood victims.  I often wonder if these or those flood victims are aware of the causes of their disasters.   Or are they still remain so much like fools and in ignorance of their plights and disasters without knowing whom to curse and blame.  Do they know now who should hold accountable for all these bloody floods repeated year after year? And you allow these / those political thugs and crowned clowns to put on shows and perform the rite of cleaning your muddy grounds in your compounds flood after flood.
          I wonder if they still feel touched to see the political thugs and crowned clowns  like Rosmah or Shahrizat coming around in groups / troupe / troops to clean up the muddy grounds of their compounds aftermath of floods.  This time, Najib’s beloved wife, Rosmah came with  a troop.  I wonder how many flood victims would not think that the bloody floods happen again and again because the BN government are not responsible as they are not doing their work properly.  

Do you think if it is true?
If you think like fools, act and behave like ones.
Are you (flood victims ) sure that you are not treated like fools? 
         
          From Sibu, Sarawak, I study the floods, huge ones, big ones, medium ones and small ones everywhere in Malaysia through my personal experiences and mass media. Sibu was once the most well-flooded area which almost all the political thugs and crowned clowns  told us the same thing: it was too low-lying to avoid floods.   They treated floods as a natural cause and adopted “tidak-apa attitudes” towards floods.  Hence we had annual floods and many and many non-annual flash / non-flash floods.  Each flood after 2000 was getting bigger and bigger and more frequent. 
          I lived in flood-prone areas when I was small and when I was an adult.  I witnessed the floods reached up to 2 – 3 feet in my area in Jalan Tong Sang in 2000.  It came to the waist-height of my brother-in-law who is about 5’ 6” when I saw him wadding in.  This kind of big, big floods came whenever there was a heavy downpour upstream and downstream as well as high tides.  Hence, you can imagine how torturing and frustrating we Sibuans experienced for 15-16 over years.  The flood crises, beyond doubt, woke up many Ah Gows and Ah Maws like me to take a serious look at the SUPP-BN government in Sibu.
          I also had the chance to stay in Rantau Panjang, Batu Kawa, Kuching for about a year plus.  It was a flood-free area.  But in 2002, it was so well-flooded like hell to tell.  There, I realised and was confirmed that it was the problem of drainage that was the real cause of floods everywhere in Sarawak based on my personal experiences and witnesses as well as my informal studies. Then I started examine every monsoon drains whenever I had the chance to come across and studied every flood-prone areas in Sibu.
          At the same time, I also studied all the BN political thugs and crowned clowns to see what they talked, promised and acted as well as what had been realised to date.  I followed them closely especially after 2000.   Besides blaming the low-lying areas for the cause, they also told people that it was the clement weather conditions and global warming that resulted in frequent and heavy floods in Sibu. 
I believed I was not the only one.  They must be 60% of Sibuans who felt desperate and lost hope of SUPP-BN government.  Instead of taking actions to remedy situations, these SUPP political thugs and crowned clowns barked and howled louder and louder.  Thus, in the 2006 state election, we Sibuans and Sarawakians expressed ourselves aggressively especially when many people were angry at the price hike of petrol, too.   We Sarawakians were even more aggressive in the 2010 state election.  This is the lesson we learnt from floods. 
          We also saw Taib Mahmud and his cronies more clearly than ever before.  We finally knew which tree we should collectively bark up to.  This is the collective awareness.  Hence we saw the flood mitigation finally taking place in Sibu and Kuching which was no better off than Sibu.  Here I will tell you the improvement of flood-prone areas like Jalan Tong Sang, Jalan Hua Kiew, Jalan Tiong Hua, Jalan Bukit Assek……………. in Sibu.  Even if when Jalan Lanang was inundated, they were still spared in December 2012.  Since 2011, 60% of the flood-prone areas have shown the improvement.
          When I saw what huge floods striking Kuantan, Trenggau,………….. I knew what had gone wrong?  There is possible for improvement only when the people in these areas have wakened up and wanted to identify the causes and force / sue the BN government to action to mitigate floods.  Sibu, Sarawak should serve a perfect reference what has to be done to mitigate floods, believe me.
          It is very irresponsible and cunning of Najib to say that it was due to the global warming that caused widespread of floods in many states in West Malaysia when the BN government is not prepared and has not done enough to mitigate floods in these states.  Floods taking place  everyywhere Malaysia are mainly because of very poor drainage and flood managements based on my personal experiences, observations and informal studies for over 15 years.   Disprove me if I am wrong. 
          Najib and Muhyiddin both pleaded us people to support the BN government.  Well………..let’s take the conditions of floods into evaluation, too.  Find out if they have done enough for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment