Pages

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 14 December 2011

Burglary + Robbery

                             Burglary + Robbery                              15/12/11
          Burglary + robbery have become common occurrences in Sibu, Sarawak and Malaysia.  Sibu was once considered ‘a white area ‘ of crimes but now…….  
We witness the robbers involved in the brutal killing of the victims from the various newspaper reports.  They are like demons let loose.   It happened just a month or two ago when some Indonesians killed 3 persons brutally in a village not far from the Sibu town.  The Indonesians were caught soon by the police.
          Another case just happened a few weeks ago, also near the Sibu town.  The robbers robbed and hurt the shop operator.  The criminals are still at large.  Two or three days ago, a lady was robbed and brutally killed.  The demons have not been caught yet. 
          There are more and more cases of burglaries and robberies happening daily everywhere in Sarawak.  We are catching up with the crime rate in Peninsular Malaysia.  We are so far behind Peninsular Malaysia in every aspect of development but as far as the crime rate is concerned, soon I am afraid Sarawak will head all in the crime rate if our government has not acted fast enough to curb them. 
          14th December, 2011, a burglary took place at about 10.30am in the broad daylight in the other half of the house, next-to-mine.  Ours are semi-detached houses.  I heard ‘clink-clank………..’ sounds, loud and clear.  It was unusual sounds and I rushed to check.  I saw a man trolley a safe to an opening in the fence with 2 other men waiting outside.   I squealed and squeaked and screamed and dashed into the house to call 999 and luckily, someone at the other end answered my call promptly and I told her about the robber at my address.  Then I called my left side neighbour and she rallied the call.  On the left side of my house (position with the door facing the road )  neighbours arrived in about 5 minutes and the police arrived a bit later.  They seemed to have trouble to locate my place and requested me to come out to direct them but I rejected flatly because I was very very scared and I did not think it was appropriate to do so.  I directed them to come eventually.  Then I called the owner whose house was burgled and she could not believe it as her house is close to the road where there are vehicles coming and going so frequently.  Nevertheless, she came home to check for sure.  I think she was shocked through and through.
          I read a lot of robbery and burglary cases brutally or not.  But they all appeared remote and unrelated but this burglary happened to my next-door neighbour, imagine and I was alone in the row of three semi-detached houses and I was not sure whether there was anyone in the house in the far end on the left of my house.  The burglars were so professional as they broke in the house so fast and they ran off with an LED television and some money.  They abandoned the safe and sped off in a white Myvi car. 
          Once again, I feel upset and recall the unhappy and frightening happenings that is near and experienced by me.  A few years ago, a car was driven away from the semi-detached house at the far end on the left side of my house and at that time I was chit-chatting with my sister calling from Australia.  I did not notice it until my neighbour on the immediate left side of my house.  A year or two later, I was robbed when I was having tea with my friends at a coffee shop.  I seldom went out at night.  But that night it was an annual gathering of a few old classmates and I had no choice.  But robbery took place.  I could understand how high was the crime rate in Sibu.
          We people really think that the BN government should prove themselves properly in eradicating the criminals and their activities or we people collectively will disprove you in the election.  Believe it or not, you just wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment