Pages

Powered By Blogger

Saturday 9 December 2017

With/Without freedom of telecommunication



With/Without freedom of telecommunication
        One has the freedom to make phone calls or access internet at .. place at .. time one wants.  It has rid one of anxiety of not being able to find the loved ones or friends at an appointed place and time.  Here I would like to relate an interesting incident which happened about twenty years ago when my sister-in-law was waiting for her daughters at different places for an hour plus as they had some misunderstanding about the place to meet after shopping at different places.  I still can remember how my even-tempered sister-in-law expressed her anger at her daughters and how they argued.   Twenty over years ago, the handphone was not popular and also beyond the reach of many.  Now ..% of the people in Sarawak enjoy this freedom and ease of communication.
But one is hooked and at the mercy of the communication company. 
These telecommunication companies have profit target to attain.  Telecommunication C boasted to have attained .//. profit.  I see it at the expense of the users.  I remembered how they forced consumers to sign up the contract to bind them to use the services years ago.  The services were often so poor when there was no internet coverage in the area where one needed to use most.  I have very bad impression of this company.  Now, there are keen competition.  This company can no longer plunder and exploit the consumer at will.  The more a telecommunication company earns, the more .-. it uses to trick and trap. 
        Handphone/Smartphone has become indispensable.  The consumers are at the mercy of these telecommunication companies which have become so aggressive.  They send you a lot of advertisements and if you ‘touch open’, you will be charged.  A friend told me that she was tricked and trapped and was charged RM100+.  After complaining, she was deducted of the charge.
        Yes, I was lured by RM50 package by another company with so many sound offers but I can’t even receive or make the phone calls at home more easily than the previous one.  What for?  I am thinking of porting out again but with no idea which telecommunication company is better to port in.  There are five telecommunication companies in town but which one is more consumers’ friendly or less aggressive.  Which one is not profit margin aimed?  I have tried three companies and know the operation of four companies so well.  The latest one is worse than the one I ported out weeks ago. 
I feel like being cheated.  I only have myself to blame thinking that this company has better offers.  I don’t often use my not-so-smart  phone for making or receiving phone calls, whatsapp and SMS a bit no more than these.  Previously, I used prepaid RM30 and I usually only used RM10+ a month.  I use Wechat in my Ipad which is a gift from one of my sisters.  She used her gift voucher from her company to buy one for me.  I can only use it at home as I do not subscribe a line for it. 
        Now who does not use smartphone or handphone?  Smartphone has become indispensable, I repeat.  I repeat that the consumers are at the mercy of these telecommunication companies as we really need the services especially if you go online.  Telecommunication consumers are caged.  My freedom is caged.

No comments:

Post a Comment