Pages

Powered By Blogger

Sunday 7 October 2012

My house and Your houses


My house and your houses are one of 4 basic needs in life.  In these late n years after independence and after federation, we people are at the mercy of the BN government and their cronies.  To be more specific, in Sarawak, we people are at the mercy of Taib Mahmud and his cronies.  The houses in Sarawak are the best evidence of the quality of the BN government headed by Taib Mahmud whom we see the curse of us, Sarawakians for the difficulties, miseries and hardship we experience or witness.
He has amassed RM64.2 billion (RM642亿in the Chinese language) at the expense of us, Sarawakians.  We shall wait to see him diarrhoea (pour out and pass out) out all the shares that belong to us people that he has swallowed.   Now he enjoys all the fun and glories in life.  We shall see him some day live in shame, misery and humiliation like Hosni Mubarak, the toppled Egypt president for abusing his power.  He has clung to this pedestal seat as the chief minister of Sarawak for so long and only shit talk and shit talk about the progress of Sarawak.   
Now let’s go around Sarawak to assess and evaluate the houses be there semi-detached, terraced houses, flats and low-cost housing built through the developers for the past 30 past years.  Let’s tell the housing conditions in our areas to share.  I started observing the houses in Sibu now.  Hence I started to size up my house.  I measure them in terms of feet and inches.
I see that I live in mini-sized semi-detached house.  My sitting room is 26’ 8” in length and 21’4” in width.  The kitchen is only 12’ X 9’4” which is just too small and congested  for comfort.  I feel the squeeze of the place.  Those who saw my kitchen commented that I had too many things.  Yes, yes, I may have many kitchen wares that I can leave so many in the sink and containers unwashed for 3 meals.  I may have a bit more things than many middle class families.  But I still insist that the kitchen with the size 12’ X  9’4” is too small. 
A normal kitchen should be 20’ in length and 15’ in width.  With such a size of kitchen I have to make good use of the room beside the kitchen to put the refrigerators, an oven, a piano……..
I really feel the squeeze of the kitchen when I am not allowed to put the 3’ X 5’ dining table outside the kitchen to be put in a corner of the sitting room.
I wonder if the self-interested minister of local government and community development can imagine the congestion and squeeze we feel about the kitchens and understand why we need the extension of the place.  Hence the Sibu Municipal Council should hand off on the extension or face the curses of us people. 
It is time our minister of local government and community to speak up for the house buyers and set a standard size of 15’ X 20’ for the kitchen to prevent the business of extension to take place or they will be flushed out like shit.   Let  house owners have some freedom for extension if they need to.   We understand that Taib Mahmud and his cronies all live in palace-like mansion.  I wonder what the size of their kitchens in feet and inches. 
I hope there will be a house buyer association to protect house buyers’ rights.  Otherwise, we will be at the mercy of these political thugs who always approve at the developers’ advantages.  Hence I witness houses have become more and more expensive but there is no improvement in quality.  Can you imagine that a terraced house in the middle is priced at RM340,000 now?  It is like kompong fish sold at RM30 a kilo.    

No comments:

Post a Comment